Skip Navigation LinksHome > International Student Information > International Student Services

International Student Services

International Students

Clinton provides a variety of areas of support to help international students to be academically successful. It is common in the US, and expected, that students will seek help from professors and support staff on campus with their problems. 


International  Student Support


 ESL Program

ESL Services available in the International Center:

  • Tutoring
  • Extra time testing
  • Pre-schedule tutoring or proctoring with Holly or Astrid in Room 454M.  Scheduled time available Mon., Wed., Fri., 9:30am to 12:30pm, and Tues. and Thurs., 2pm to 4pm.



The International Advisor assists students with their application,
F-1 Visa, and maintaining student staus.


International Center   

The Center offers a supportive environment with opportunities to:

  • Meet and have tea/coffee with students from around the world
  • Practice language skills
  • Meet and work in a study group
  • Have access to Computers 
  • Get ESL Tutoring
  • Sign up for extra time for taking tests in other college courses
  • Find out answers to questions
  • Find out what's happening


International Club 

International Club Meetings are held once or twice a month on Wednesdays at noon.    


Clubs and Organizations

Clinton Community College has over 27 clubs and organizations that expand students' educational programs through opportunities to develop academic, professional, and cultural interests. 



Each student has an Academic Advisor who will assist in selecting courses needed for graduation.



Clinton Professors hold office hours that are posted on their doors for students to stop by with their questions related to their subject matter.


Tutor Center for All Students  

Tutors offer assistance in many subject areas such as English, Math, and Science.       


Douglas Library

Librarians provide help with research, in strategies and in locating information sources.

2nd FloorM

Counseling and Advising Center

Counsellors provide assistance with advising, transfer information, and with personal problems related to your well-being, as well.


Resident Assistants (RA)

RAs assist with academic and personal needs and provide social and educational programs for students living in the college dorms.